Friday, September 4, 2015

Lemons and Lemonade

Admittedly, I have a tendency to speak in cliches, but the only way I felt I could start this blog post is "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." This generic, overused phrase is pretty much the nicest way to explain my long absence from blogging. Short and sweet, 2015 has not been my year. There have been a heck of a lot of downs, but I've been able to keep my head up...most of the time. So now that I've been accumulating lemons for several months, I think it's time that I start making lemonade.
Source: BarnImages
One of the things that discourages me from blogging most frequently is how saturated the market is. How am I supposed to stand out amid millions of other voices with similar stories to mine? This desire for originality and fear of being another carbon copy has prevented me from typing out words to share with this audience. But now I realized that notoriety and expansive readership isn't the point. My blog is a space for me to share my passion projects and what makes life glow a little more. The content that I have from the past still holds true to that. People like Vito and Samantha still inspire me and I hope to share more stories of others who inspire me.

Moving forward, I intend to be less concerned with having a polished, final product and focus more on creating real content that expresses who I am as a writer and a person. I feel like my life has been a little murky for the past few months without a clear purpose, but now that I'm confident in what I want and the future I see for myself, I can't wait to share the journey with you.

If you've been having a lemon-filled life as of late, feel free to share your story in the comments or shoot me an email/tweet. It's always nice to know that you're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment